How worried is Facebook about Snapchat?
It is no more a secret that Snapchat is one of the Facebook’s greatest threats. The animosity began when Mark Zuckerberg met Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in a failed attempt to acquire the messaging app in 2013.
1. In a new research, it is clear that Snapchat is winning particularly among US teens, despite Facebook’s aggressive efforts to attract and retain young users. (refer toAccording to the available data, it is forecasted that Facebook will nearly lose 2 million users under 25 this year—and is likely to pick up 1.6 million from the same age group on Instagram – that it also owns. But it is worthwhile to watch Snapchat as it is ready to add nearly 1.9 million users in the same time gap!
2. According to recently launched book “How to Turn Down a Billion Dollars: The Snapchat Story” written by Billy Gallagher, Facebook’s fear is clearly visible from the time when Zuckerberg launched a clone of Snapchat, called Poke – that failed in its mission to outshine Snapchat. (Refer to) Poke has actually cleared the mindset of the users and helped Snapchat to grow enormously. Famously Evan called Poke “the greatest Christmas present we ever had.”
3. Snapchat today has more users than Instagram in the 12-to-24 age group, according to the eMarketer report. Snap is now worth almost $25 billion, and its parent company Snap, has emerged as the innovator in the space. In short duration Snapchat has introduced new features unlike Facebook, that includes functionality in core messaging, Snap Maps, Context Cards, and a demarcating brand and personal content.
4. In the US, Facebook and Instagram have 169.5 million and 104.7 million users, respectively, while Snapchat will have 86.5 million but Snap seems to be way ahead in terms of innovation and redesigning of the platform. (refer toIf Facebook needs to catch up it will have to keep attracting more users by redesigning its age-old platform and typical stringent mechanisms.
5. What’s more, Snapchat users are also enabled to share stories to their respective linked social media accounts, through any communication means text, email with a link to a webpage to view the message, even if they do not use the app.
6. On the other hand, Facebook as a platform is increasingly facing issues as it is unable to retain its customer base, according to available data the number of users in the US and Canada have also dropped in the fourth quarter of last year.(Refer to)
For more details refer tothat advises celebrities, sportsmen and players on fitness, lifestyle, fashion, grooming and styling.